||The Parish Church for Idle is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The Old Chapel was built in 1630, replacing an earlier building known from 1584. Many people in Idle showed a strong non-conformist streak, and in 1660 the Reverend Thomas Smallwood, Congregational, became minister at the Chapel. The Act of Uniformity ejected him in 1662, and although a license was granted to the Congregationalists in 1672, the Chapel reverted to the Church of England in 1689. The new Anglican church (Holy Trinity) was built between 1828 and 1830, and the Old Chapel became a school room. Baptisms from before 1829 are included here where it is possible to extract them from Calverley Parish registers. Most early baptisms for Idle will be found in the Calverley Parish registers. Marriages previous to 1870 were held at Calverley Parish Church.